Can I connect my modem to my tablet? How to connect the modem to the phone
Mobile technology do not stand still, gadgets become obsolete, and the needs of network users in fast data exchange are growing. What if the phone does not support modern communication standards? Buy a new one or accept a lag from progress? It turns out through portable device Communication in the network can be accessed not only from the computer. Consider how to connect a USB-modem to Android-smartphone.
The task is not as simple as it seems at first glance. The following errors may occur:
- In the settings of the Android device there is no “Mobile networks” item. You need to search for other firmware versions, otherwise you will not be able to connect the modem.
- Not enough power. As an option - use with a fully charged battery, buy a better cable or USB hub with external power.
Can I connect a modem to the phone without buying additional equipment? Only if the device has a USB connector. This is more typical for tablets. In other cases, you will have to purchase an adapter from USB to your phone connector. Moreover, this should not be an ordinary cable, but an OTG so-called host adapter. It is designed specifically for external devices , and not just the pairing of a mobile phone with a computer.
You also need to purchase the USB modem itself, which consists of a communication module (3G or faster 4G) and a flash drive that contains connection settings.
Before telling how to connect the USB-modem to the phone, let's look at setting up the modem mode itself. If this is not done, it will be recognized by the Android system simply as a storage medium.
For Huawei and ZTE phones, the task is simpler, a special one has been developed for them software . It is enough to start it and put the necessary tick. For all other phones you need to do the following:
Pre-configuration is complete, now move on to how to connect to Android phone 3G modem.
IMPORTANT. If you want to use the device on a computer, then you need to return the changed settings back. Repeat all the steps of the instruction, but enter the following command in the terminal: AT ^ U2DIAG = 255.
After preliminary preparation, you can proceed to setting up an Android smartphone.
If all the points were successful, then it was possible to connect a modem to the smartphone. Manufacturers however mobile devices I’m not happy when instead of buying a more expensive and modern gadget, a potential consumer finds
Many smartphone users often have to go online. However, it happens that the 3G module of the phone gives an error and does not allow using the global network. Also, many smartphones lack 3G, but this does not mean that users of such devices are not able to access the Internet. The problem can be solved with the help of a special modem that needs to be connected to the smartphone. Consider how to do this.
Connecting a 3G modem to a smartphone
Connecting a 3G modem to the phone is quite simple. However, it should be noted that often the device can be defined as a flash drive.
In order for your smartphone to determine the 3G modem, you need to do the following steps, namely:
- Download the HyperTerminal utility.
- Install it on your computer.
- Find a device manager and among installed devices find your modem.
- Click on the device name right click mouse and go to the "Properties" menu.
- In this menu you will find information about the number and speed of the port. They will need to be rewritten and then entered into the HyperTerminal utility.
- Run the utility and enter any connection name.
- Now you need to enter the data you recorded.
- After that, you will see the command line in which you will need to enter the command "AT1". Command line may not appear immediately, wait for it to appear. This may take about ten seconds.
- Next, click "OK" and enter the command "AT ^ U2DIAG = 0".
- Wait for the response that the entered command is correct, click "OK" and disconnect the modem.
- If there is no 3G module on your smartphone, download the PPP Widget application.
- Run it and enter data mobile network that are on the site of your mobile operator.
Now you can connect a 3G modem and use it to access the global network. As you can see, the task is much easier to solve than it may seem at first glance. And in order to learn more about how to configure the Internet on your phone, you should read these articles.What if the phone does not support modern communication standards?
Buy a new one or accept a lag from progress?